Wednesday, March 3, 2010


Maybe it's because I am from Texas so it has a little bit to do with my home state pride, but either way, I love the Alamo. When you visit it, it may not look like all it's built up to be, but to me, it still represents something great. It was the turning point for Texas during its fight for independence. The Alamo represents courage and faith. With only two survivors, the Alamo flipped the switch in the Texas and gave them reason to fight with all they had against the Mexicans. They were fighting for the people who bravely faced the Mexicans during the battle of the Alamo. Even though the Texas lost the battle of the Alamo, it was the battle that gave the Texans incentive to win the war.

For some reason this historical landmark sticks out to me. It shows me how much a state or country cares about its residents and how each soldier was willing to give up their life for the well being and overall goal of the entire country. Personally, I think that I am partial to Texas. It's said that if you live in Texas, you love Texas and everything that comes along with it. I am extremely proud to claim that I am from Texas and I believe that every single person who fought in the battle of the Alamo would claim the same thing.

Today, the Alamo is a popular tourist stop in San Antonio. Many go to see the infamous fort and see where the bloodbath took place. It has become quite the Southern landmark for Texas. To Texans, this represents a pride in our state, something that we should all look at and see courage, and bravery, and a symbol of why our state is the one we know it as today. I am proud to say that Texans fought at the Alamo and that Texas was able to declare its independence from Mexico because of the courage and character that each of the soldiers proved when fighting and dying in the battle of the Alamo

No comments:

Post a Comment